Colonial Cutlery is once again a proud product sponsor to the Mount Washington Valley Ice Festival
30 YEARS AND COUNTING!
Welcome to the Mount Washington Valley Ice Fest!
Started by Rick Wilcox and Nick Yardley in 1993, the Mt. Washington Valley Ice Fest has been the premier ice climbing event in the northeast ever since. The founders were inspired by other events in the country which featured ice climbing clinics, slideshows, and of course beer and a fun community atmosphere (read: a big party of climbers).
Now 30 years in, the party continues this upcoming February 3-5, 2023.
This event is eagerly anticipated by ice climbers in the Eastern United States and is considered one of the premier climbing events in the country. It is a celebration of ice climbing and winter mountaineering, and the people that make it a part of their lives. It continues to provide a great opportunity for those attending to network, socialize, try new gear and participate in multiple day courses, one-day technical clinics and privately guided climbs. MWV Ice Fest welcomes climbers from all different backgrounds. Whether you are LGBTQIA+, adaptive, POC, we are striving to be an inclusive festival.
The Mount Washington Valley is one of the finest waterfall ice climbing destinations in North America. Each year we offer a variety of skills-based clinics and exciting slide shows with featured climbers and guides from the New England area and around the world.
Why Climb with us at Ice Fest?
- You'll learn from the absolute best! We have an incredible roster of in-house and guest guides!
- You'll meet lots of other climbers and maybe a future climbing partner
- There are courses for all abilities
- Jaw dropping videos/shows
- Sample amazing beer from local brewery Tuckerman Brewing Co.
- Free gear demos from our sponsors! Try before you buy!
- Yummy food available at all events!
- It's action packed and a damn good time!